July 25 Graduation Update from Mr. Kaminski ~ 7/6/20
Attention Palm Bay Magnet High School Seniors and Senior Parents and Guardians,
I am reaching out to you today to inform you of the latest update regarding graduation for our beloved Class of 2020. I am pleased to announce that as of Thursday, July 2nd, Brevard Public Schools has agreed to hold graduation ceremonies for each of its high schools from July 18th - 25th.
Palm Bay Magnet High School’s graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, July 25th at 9:00 am in the PBMHS stadium with strict adherence to social distancing guidelines and additional district-mandated health and safety protocols for students, guests, and staff to include:
· Mandatory face coverings for all staff, participants, and attendees -- all are expected to have their own mask
· Student temperature screenings upon arrival
· Each graduate will receive guest tickets that will be available for pick-up next week at PBMHS, and all guests will be seated in the bleachers
· No physical contact between students and/or staff
· No guests on the field before, during, or after the ceremony
Students will need to plan to arrive at Palm Bay Magnet High School by 7:45 am on Saturday, July 25th to participate in graduation. There will be no practice prior to the ceremony. Students will be seated six feet apart throughout the event’s duration, as will their guests. Upon completion of the ceremony, all graduates and visitors will immediately exit the venue as directed, while continuing to socially distance themselves from one another.
A video providing specific directions will be posted on our website by the close of business on Thursday, July 9th providing specific graduation information regarding ticket pick-up, reporting time and location, dress code, fines and obligations, and other important information.
I look forward to seeing all of you very soon!