Attendance Policy 5200 & Student Code of Conduct
INSTRUCTION BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 8:00AM. Students who are NOT in their CLASSROOM at 8:00AM will be marked tardy.
Sherwood Tardy Policy:
- Students who are tardy more than one time per week – Parent Communication (email or phone call) logged in FOCUS by the teacher
- Students who are tardy three or more times per week – Parent/Guardian Conference and Attendance Contract with the teacher and IPST team
- Students who are consistently tardy (weekly basis) – Follow Discipline Plan PreK-6th Grades (Level 1 Incident) issued by administration
*Corrective Strategies may include: conference with student, loss of privileges, lunch detention, reflective assignment, check-in/check-out with staff, or administrative detention as determined by school designee.
*Corrective Strategies will NOT include suspension in or out of school for attendance reasons per Florida State Statute 1006.09
- ELO students must meet all attendance expectations (includes unexcused tardies, late pick-up, absence, and/or truancy). Students with excessive absences and/or tardies and/or late pick up from school will be withdrawn (immediate revocation policy). Zoned schools may transport if student(s) resides in boundary and meets transportation requirements.
- A student who is absent more than nine (9) days within a semester will NOT receive a passing grade for the semester.